Search This Blog

31 October 2014

"That's just what Christians do"

I heard that from a sister the other day. She wasn't a friend; I think I'd met her once before. We had attended the church she belonged to once, but we didn't know each other. She came to drop off food and money, and to introduce her friend and to let us know that her Sunday School class had decided to take care of us. When told she didn't have to do all that, she said, "That's what Christians do."

We love one another.

Let me reiterate that we don't worship with this congregation. We didn't know these people. We never specifically asked for their help. But that's just the latest we've heard from them. Our own congregation has been a tremendous help. We have been blessed by people around the world.

I'm not saying non-Christians can't be loving, or that all professing Christians are. Both are obviously untrue. I am asking one thing:

If you have the love of God in you and it's not overflowing onto others, please be sure you have the love of God in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment