Search This Blog

04 October 2014

Who are you planning on shooting?

Over the years, nothing has drawn more fire my way from professing Christians than my pacifism. At the same time, I've noticed that those most concerned with their rights, especially gun rights, claim to follow Christ.

Most people say they have them for protection. Do you need guns to protect your property? Jesus said to give up your property .

Are they to protect you and your family? God promised to do that.

Please don't think I'm picking on guns or their owners. I'm against people being killed with swords, tire irons, and harpoons. As long as someone is alive, he can be saved. Once he's dead, that's it.

I'm not saying that owning a gun means you aren't a Christian. What I am saying is to examine yourself in the light of Scriptures.

No comments:

Post a Comment