Search This Blog

26 April 2015

The best thing ever for missions?

Some of you know that before my stroke I was planning on being a missionary to Newfoundland in Canada. When I'm able that's still what I want to do. To that end, I've tried to learn everything I could about missions, apologetics, church planting, evangelism (which together I think of as MACE), and the island itself.

I learn best by reading, and rather than carrying around several thousand pounds of books, I can just take my Kindle up there.

Whether they're Kindles, Nooks, or some other strange creature, E-readers are a boon for those who need access to a library but can't always count on one being available. They're also good for people like me who can't hold a book.

For less than $100 you can give a missionary 2000 years of wisdom. Even better, the Kindle reading app is free, and public domain books are free or nearly so, so the cost is more like $10.

That's cheap no matter who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment