Search This Blog

14 February 2016

Review: THE ORIGIN OF THE SPECIES by Charles Darwin

For many years I didn't read this, because I didn't think I needed to. After all, I had already heard all about it. The professing Christians I knew (mostly Fundamentalist Baptists) thought it was the worst book ever written because it has been used to prove evolution and disprove the existence of God. The evolutionists I knew (mostly intellectual atheists) thought it was the best book ever written for exactly the same reason So I never got around to reading it.

Until I did.

I'm convinced that both its friends and its enemies make such grandiose claims because few of them have actually read it. The fact is that it is a product neither of Heaven nor of Hell. It's a book, and an old and dull one at that. Charles Darwin was neither a great genius nor the Antichrist. He was a man who wrote some observations and opinions in a book.

Since by his own standards these opinions have been proven wrong, I don't recommend this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment