Search This Blog

07 October 2016

Review: NKJV NEW TESTAMENT read by Johnny Cash

I can't review the contents, so I'll just stick to the translation and the performance. 


The New King James Version isn't the best translation of the Bible, but it's not the worst, either. It's translated from the same manuscripts as the original King James Version, which is both its claim to fame and its disadvantage. There have been a lot of manuscripts discovered since 1611, but few if any that have any real affect on the Bible. There's nothing wrong with the NKJV.


The primary draw is that it's read by Johnny Cash. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a big fan of his, and his name was the main reason I got this in the first place. By everything I've seen and heard, he believed what he was reading, and that faith and his unmistakable voice make all the difference. 


It's Johnny Cash reading the New Testament. Of course I recommend it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment