Search This Blog

05 December 2013

Fundamentalism (and me) defined, sort of

I'll quote the original post:

"Is 'fundamentalist' the right word? Probably not." 

I don't know what fundies believe. I only know that outside this country, my belief in the truth of the Bible labels me -- usually by people who have never actually read it -- as a fundamentalist. 

I also know that I won't debate anyone. This is partly due to simple physical restrictions; I don't have the time or energy to respond as you no doubt deserve. Partly it's because I just haven't got any interest in arguing. We're unlikely to convince each other, so it's just argument for its own sake, which helps no one.

1 comment:

  1. I've given up on arguing about theology. It usually is argument for the sake of argument.

    ReplyDelete