Search This Blog

07 December 2013

My beef with Calvinism

Notice I didn't say "with Calvinists". The translation of the Bible I prefer, the ESV, was largely produced by Calvinists. Most of the best preachers and teachers call themselves Calvinists. Most of my friends would describe themselves that way.

My problem with Calvinism, as with so much else, boils down to one thing: evangelism. Simply put, I've never heard a professing Calvinist evangelize like one.

I've never heard that God may have elected someone to salvation before time began. I've never heard anyone told that Christ may have died for them, or if God means for them to be saved, they will be, whether they want it or not.

Instead, they talk like everyone else.

This doesn't make me an Arminiann or any species ofPelagian, either regular or semi-. It makes me someone who disagrees with a number of people I otherwise like and respect over an internal not clearly taught in Scripture.

Now let's win the world together.


No comments:

Post a Comment