Search This Blog

29 April 2014

Baptized in vinegar

Two things I've often heard are,"Some Christians are unpleasant," and "You don't have to be a Christian to be nice".

Both are true, Some Christians are just mean, and you can certainly be nice without being a Christian. I can think of several examples of each. These would be valid objections if being nice got you into Heaven.

In reality, both observations are sides of the same coin. Why are so many Chrians such jerks? I like C. S. Lewis' answer, which is basically that you don't know how bad they'd be without Jesus. I was blessed with a naturally laid-back disposition, but I understand that some people's default is anxious or angry. 

Think about that next time you're approached by someone who looks like he was baptized in vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment