Search This Blog

27 April 2014

It's s a good thing I didn't become a Christian to make my life better ...

... 'cause I'd be screwed.

Ray Comfort tells a story about two men on a plane. The first man is told to put on a parachute because it would improve the flight. After a little while, he finds it uncomfortable and unwieldy, and sees the other passengers laughing at him. He throws off the parachute, because it did not, in fact, improve the flight.

The second man is told to put the parachute on because at any moment he'll be pushed out 30000 feet up. No matter how uncomfortable he gets, or who makes fun of him, he'll not only keep his parachute on, he'll beg others to put them on too.

I don't follow Jesus Christ because it makes life easier, even though around here professing him does. I do it because I'm going to die one day, probably sooner than I think, and then Christ will be my only hope. He never promised to make life better, He promised to make death better.

No comments:

Post a Comment