Search This Blog

26 September 2015

Review: MORNING AND EVENING by Charles Spurgeon

This is a devotional book, consisting of brief readings for each morning and evening of the year. It's not meant to be read straight through in less than a week, so naturally that's exactly what I did 

I'm not a fan of devottionals, for the same reason I'm not a fan of most country songs: I don't like to be told how to feel. The fact that many of them are just glurge (like chicken soup with sugar in it; an attempt to be good for you and sweet) doesn't help. As is usually the case, though, older is better and Spurgeon is always worth reading.

I still don't like devottionals,  but even I have to admit that this is better than most. Rather than glurge, it's meat throughout, and I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment