Search This Blog

25 December 2015

Review: ACTION PHILOSOPHERS! by Fred Van Lente and Ryan Dunlavey

It shouldn't come as a shock to anyone, but I am very interested in both philosophy and comics. This is both,

That I'm interested in philosophy wasn't a surprise to me. Neither was the fact that I'm not interested in reading huge dull books. Fortunately, writer Fred Van Lente has done the hard work of taking these books and distilling them down to short, funny cartoons. Ryan Dunlavey provides art that matches the script and defines the look of the book, but also lets him draw almost everything. Though the art seems simple, it's very adaptable, and Dunlavey can apparently draw nearly anything.

This book feels like it was put out just for me. I doubt there are that many people looking for a black-and-white philosophy comic book, but if you're one of those few, I recommend this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment