Search This Blog

03 December 2015

Year two

I've had the iPad for two years now, and I'm still very grateful for it. But have I used it well?

It matters what we think and do. This past year I've tried to bring them into alignment. Anything less would be hypocritical, and I do not want to be a hypocrite.

Just like the year before, I've used it mostly to write this blog, read books, and communicate via Facebook. There have been three big changes, though. The first is that I've decided to learn French through the Duolingo app. French is an official language in Newfoundland and Labrador, and while it's only spoken exclusively by about 5% of the people there, I figure knowing it will make me a better missionary. At the very least, I'll die knowing some French.

The second is that given that people are already riled up about the presidential election next year, I'm going to try and stay clear of Fb until at least then. The last thing I want is to waste this gift tthat God has given me being snide and angry.

Finally, a good friend has given me carte blanche to post on The Bible Exchange. Hopefully this will eventually lead to my being able to do this for a living, but as it stands it's a very great honor for me, and a privilege I don't intend to abuse.

I've read 134 books in the last 12 months, which is more than last year but far less than I was shooting for (200). Next year's goal is 20, which sounds ridiculously small until you realize I have some reeeeeally long books I want to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment