Search This Blog

06 March 2016

Review: ESV GLOBAL STUDY BIBLE by Crossway Books

The Bible sacred to me, and the English Standard Version is my favorite translation of it. I'm not reviewing the Bible itself, but rather the articles unique to this edition.

Many of these articles are general introductions to the different parts of Scripture, but some are more theological, and obviously written from a Refomed or Calvinist perspective. This isn't surprising, given Crossway's known institutional bias, but it is unfortunate. 

Crossway should be commended for publishing an outstanding Bible translation in specialty editions like this, but there are places to get the background information without the theological bias. As much as I want to, I can't recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment