Search This Blog

03 January 2015

Review : KJV APOCRYPHA by KJV Translators

Let's get this thing cleared up right up front. Regardless of your feelings about the King James Version (or Authorized Version if you're British), it's not as easy to use as it used to be. There's no point putting another barrier between people and the Gospel, especially when there are several good options available.

As for the content, I thought it was good, unobjectionable reading, but nothing that jumped out as something that belonged in the Bible. To be fair, though, I don't always get impression from the canonical books either.

One thing that struck me as very strange: though they are said to be part of the Old Testament, the KJV Apocrypha follow the New Testament example of putting proper names in their Latin forms. I never understood it in the NT, and I don't get it here.

As far as I can tell, the Apocrypha isn't necessary, but not something to be afraid of, either. I'd recommend it as good reading, but get it in a version that's easier to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment