Search This Blog

05 July 2015

Some stuff about me and the blog, since it's been a while

Since it's been a long time since I've done an introductory post, I'd like to tell you a little about myself and this blog.

My full name's Leslie Christoper Bloom, though I'm usually called Chris. In fact, only the government calls me "Leslie", which is a family name. Counting myself, I know of four generations of first sons named "Leslie Bloom", all of whom went by their middle names (Never thought of that, did you, Boy Named Sue?). Since I don't have any sons, I gave it to one of my daughters, and she seems to like it better than any of us.

I have two daughters, who aren't named Hazel and Gertrude, but I'm going to call them that because their real names are none of the interwebs' business. For the same reason, their mother -- my wife -- whose name is not Flo will be called that here until further notice. Hazel's 13, Gertrude just turned 9, and Flo is a little older. Flo and I have been married for over 16 years, and I still think she's smarter than me. And I'm going to be 41 next week, and I sure do love all three of my girls.

I had a brain stem stroke (look it up) back in 2013, and it left me with Locked-In Syndrome (look it up some more). The upshot is that I'm paralyzed from the eyeballs down,though I can still feel everything. Pretty much all I can do is read and write one letter at a time, so that's what I do.

Oh yeah, I haven't told you about the family I didn't make yet. I'm the oldest of four kids, with two little brothers (both of whom are bigger than me) and a little sister (who's also bigger than me). I love all of them, and the army of nieces and nephews that follow them around. And I love my parents, too, and the sisters who weren't born in my family but for some reason married into it.

As for the blog, I'll just tell you the schedule and let you go from there. Monday is for housekeeping (like this), medical posts, and what my bald brother who is not named Herman calls "rants". Wednesday is kind of a new believers' day: right now I'm going through the Southern Baptist Convention's Baptist Faith and Message (2000). Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday I post book reviews, and Mon.-Fri. I read and comment on a chapter of the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment