Search This Blog

09 October 2015

Love equals action

"If you love me, obey my commandments."

Jesus said that.

Notice he didn't say, "if you love me, say it a lot" or "If you love me, hold your hands up when you sing."

"If you love me, obey my commandments."

Not, "If you love me, obey my suggestions," or "If you love me, obey my good ideas." He said, "If you love me, obey my commandments." Jesus said things and he wanted them done. They weren't options. They were commandments.

We need to get away from the idea that love is a feeling or caused by our glands. Love isn't something that happens to us. It's volitional. It's something you do.

When God wanted the Israelites to know he loved them, he didn't just tell them. He also showed them, and he wants us to do the same.

If you love him, you know what to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment