Search This Blog

26 October 2015

What I want to do

Should I wake up one day completely healed, I'll know I'm either dead or the subject of the biggest miracle I've ever seen. Assuming I'm still alive, there are a few things I want to do.

Play with my daughters As it stands, I can't even hug them. I also want to do something with my wife,but that's none of your business.

Drive a car It may seem strange, but that's one of the things I miss the most. My favorite vehicles I ever owned was a 1994 Jeep Cherokee Sport that looked like a white box, had power nothing, and was so light it bounced. I wouldn't mind another one.

Get to Newfoundland As quickly as possible.

Read a book I read a lot of Kindle books, and I'm very thankful for the technology, but it would be nice to hold an actual dead-tree book in my hands and read it.

Preach I still don't like speaking publicly about most things, but I love to preach. My wife and daughters know that all too well.

Learn several instruments I have a penny whistle and a ukulele, so I guess I'd better start there. What I really want to play are bass, banjo, and pocket sax.

Start a house church Nothing against Tony, who is not only the greatest pastor I've ever known but also one of my best friends. There are just some things we wouldn't agree on 

Travel I want to meet the people I've known only through Facebook, especially Bobby, Derek, and the Three Johns (Comito, Sanford, and Blum). I also want to visit with as many of my FL friends and people I went to school with as I can track down.

No comments:

Post a Comment