Search This Blog

07 November 2015

Review: IN GOD WE DON'T TRUST by David Bercot

I didn't know I'd be reviewing this on Veterans' Day, but it seems appropriate. It's essentially an antihagiography, an antidote to what we were taught in school. It's also effective against the things we hear about the Founding Fathers these days,which are nonsense at best and bald-faced lies at worst.

I long ago decided that according to Romans 13 and other texts, the American Revolution was unchristian. This book backs up that somewhat obvious assertion, but goes far beyond it. Everything is carefully documented, and while I haven't checked it all personally, I've learned over the years to trust Bercot.

Every American Christian should read this book. If nothing else, it should be a counterweight to what we were taught. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment