Search This Blog

27 November 2015

Who am I anyway?

It's been a while since I've done any sort of introduction here, so I'm going to give it a shot.

My name is Leslie Chritopher Bloom. I'm 41, and have been married to my lovely wife for over 16 years now, and with my lovely wife, whose name is not Flo, I have two beautiful daughters, ages 13 and 9, who are not named Hazel and Gertrude, respectively.

I was ordained as both a deacon and a pastor by a small Southern Baptist church, but over the last year I've decided that I can no longer believe in the doctrine of eternal security. Since that's about as basic as it gets for Baptists, I don't consider myself one anymore. By conviction I'm a Mennonite. Besides, where else can a man with a beard and a thing for hats go?

One last thing: I had a stroke a few years ago that left me with locked-in syndrome, which means that though my mind and body are both healthy, there's almost no connection between the two. That's left me paralyzed from the eyeballs down.

No comments:

Post a Comment