Search This Blog

08 January 2016

Review: WHAT HE NEEDS TO BE ... IF HE WANTS TO MARRY MY DAUGHTER by Voddie Baucham, Jr.

I originally wanted to read this for two reasons: because i like the way Voddie Baucham expresses himself, and because i have daughters. I was interested to see what he had to say on the subject. I was surprised to learn that it was about more than the title suggested; instead, it's a manifesto for biblical manhood.

Please don't misunderstand me. This is not about arranged marriages. Nor is it about controlling or oppressing women. Rather it's about teaching our daughters to expect more, to be excellent women who seek out excellent men. It's about being a good father, not by the world's standard, but by God's.

There isn't much else to say. I thought this was a very good book, and I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment