Search This Blog

06 May 2016

Review: THE WORD OF PROMISE AUDIO BIBLE (NKJV) by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

This is a dramatized recording of the whole Bible, with music, sound effects and a large cast of well-known actors. I shudder to think what it cost to produce.

It came out in the wake of The Passion of the Christ, and this is reflected primarily in two ways. The packaging looks a lot like the movie's, and Jim Caviezel is cast as Jesus. I don't want to seem like I'm attacking Caviezel, but he's not a good enough voice actor to have such an important role. He seems to have been cast mostly because he played that role in the movie.

In fact, the casting is the biggest problem here. In fact, many people seem to have been cast for name value alone. I'm not saying that anyone does a poor job; this is fantastically done. I am saying that a recording of the Bible shouldn't depend upon unconverted people. For that reason I don't recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment