Search This Blog

27 July 2014

Birmingham

I'm talking about Birmingham,Alabama, USA, not Birmingham, England, of course.

If all you know of now Birmingham is Bull Connor shooting  black people with fire hoses, understand that things have changed a little since then. It's now a medical city . Only Minnapolis, home of f the Mayo Clinic. Spends more per year on research. The University of Alabama at  Birmingham has its hospital there. That's one reason the B'ham VA is one the best in the country; it uses so many UAB doctors.

I also grew up mostly in Alabama, so the people in B'ham don't talk funny to me. That may be purely subjective, but it's also the way it is.

I don't recommend having a stroke, but if you're in the South when it happens, I recommend having it in Birmingham, Alabama.

No comments:

Post a Comment