Search This Blog

31 August 2014

naturalistic evolution taken to its logical conclusion

my "stupid reflexes" have been taken as possible proof of evolution. I would respectfully disagree. I am alive due to the work of medical professionals, who worked very hard to save my life, but effectively removed me from the gene pool,

Since evolution, as I understand, is all about genetics, I'm pretty much evolutionarily irrelevant at this point. That's why I don't believe my stupid reflexes are proof of evolution. Since they don't help me pass on genetic material, they're irrelevant.

So is most of what humanity does, in fact. If all your time isn't being spent staying alive and producing children, it's being wasted. The model for humanity isn't God, but stud bull.

That's what evolutionary theory would call truth.

Naturalistic evolution -- that is,evolution without a gluing intelligence; what most people mean by "evolution" -- is ultimately nihilistic. It leaves no room for a God, and thus no room for hope. It has nothing to say to those of us dissatisfied with the world as it is. There's  no point working to improve things if the people we're trying to help are just going to be replaced by the next generation, who may or may not Berber.

Nihilism is just a fancy way of saying there's no point to anything. It's a kid's philosophy. It's an adolescent saying that over and over so he doesn't have to hear anything he doesn't like, and because he's an adolescent he doesn't like anything.

Some will say that I only write these things because I hate science, but that's not true. I love science, and am very thankful for the good it's done. But this form of evolution isn't science. It's not observable and not repeatable in a laboratory. It can't be proven by the scientific method.

For many years I tried to believe two irreconcilable things. I'm glad I had to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment