Search This Blog

01 August 2015

Review: SHARE JESUS WITHOUT FEAR by William Fay

I believe God gifted me as an evangelist. The word translated that way only appears once in the New Testament , and it is not in reference to someone who tells non-Christians about Jesus Christ. The only time evangelists are mentioned, they're described as people for the building-up of the Church both universally and locally.

There is a name for people who try to reach the lost with the Gospel. They're called Christians. 

All that's background, though, to show that I've studied evangelism some. It's a subject I know a little about. That's how I know that Fay's technique s good as far as it goes, but it has a fatal flaw that it shares with several others.

The problem is that it takes verses out of context. While I admire Fay's dependence on Scripture, if it was as simple as exposing unbelievers to the Bible, we could just throw open Bibles at them. Fay uses good verses, but eventually the people we speak to will notice how we keep jumping around and wonder what all those other verses say. 

Like I said, Fay's method is good as far as it goes, but since there are better ones out there, I can't really recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment