Search This Blog

14 June 2014

Good things and not bad

"Shall I accept good things from the Lord and not bad?"

Job asked that of his friends almost 4000 years ago. If they'd been smarter, they would have shut up right then. The  Book of Job certainly would have been shorter.

Lora quoted it to me not long after I'd woken up after my stroke. In so doing, she may have saved my life. I know she saved my soul.

I was a very angry person when I first realized what had happened. I questioned everything I knew about God. Then Lora asked me that fateful question.

Suddenly my whole outlook changed. I stopped thinking about what all I'd lost and realized how much I'd been taking for granted. 

Sometimes it hits me what I can't do, and it hurts. When I think of what's left, though, I realize I'm a very blessed man.

No comments:

Post a Comment