Search This Blog

07 June 2014

They're not all dirges

The last few times I've been watching during the singing. It seems like professing Christians sing like they have guns to their heads.

Comedian Eddie Izzard noticed this and asked, "Why." I'm not as funny as he is, but I'm also not an English transvestite, for whatever that's worth. I wonder the same thing, though. Why do the people who should be the happiest generally sound like they're headed to the gallows?

I heard "I'll Fly Away" sung like a dirge. That's just not right.

If you're a Christian, you've been saved from an eternity of torment to an eternity of bliss. Think about how long eternity is. It's longer than that. Definitely longer than that. Longer than two of those put together.

The idea should make us happy and thankful. We should be amazed that all he asks in return is worship. Worship isn't an onerous duty, but an expression of thanks and an acknowledgement of something greater than us.

No comments:

Post a Comment