Search This Blog

09 February 2015

Review: THE RAGAMUFFIN GOSPEL by Brennan Manning

I don't reread a lot of books, and I pay full price for each fewer, so a book I'd do both for music be special. The Ragamuffin Gospel is.

Strangely, it's not a book I enjoy reading all that much. The basic message of the book is that we're all useless. God doesn't need any of up, and there isn't a single one of us who can add more a little bit of luter to his perfection. We all come to God as beggars, or to use Manning's term, as ragamuffins.

I'm not going to lie: it's a hard book. Not because the vocabulary is advanced or because the arguments are difficult to understand; neither is true. Instead, it's hard because it draws heavily from Manning's own experience in alcohol rehab. 

There aren't many books I'd recommend everyone read once. This is one.

No comments:

Post a Comment